Landscape Architecture in Greater Vancouver
In cities, where land is scarce, rooftops are engineered and designed to bring natural greenery back into the city. The Green Roof system is a technical design that allows for vegetation growth using a growing medium or membrane. Urban landscape designers create a system that provides drainage and irrigation on rooftops to ensure an aesthetically-pleasing “green” result.
Whether in rural, suburban or urban areas the results of a solid landscape architect design provides:
- Added property values
- The addition or restoration of depleted soil
- More attractive use of commercial and residential structures
- Understand the true goals of the client. Your landscape architect should be a good communicator that asks enough questions to get beyond a specific flower colours or tree types to understanding the intent of the space.
- Focus on total experience. To create a backyard oasis that will be an escape from frenetic city life requires the consideration of all the senses (touch, sight, smell, sound, and yes taste!). A consideration of flow and design as well as durability and suitability to the BC climate is also required.
- Choose a defining feature. In coordination with the intent of the space, a defining feature like a seating area, sculpture or waterfall provide a focal point that can set the space apart and complete the experience.
Top Landscape Architects in Greater Vancouver
With these tips in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the top landscape architects in greater Vancouver that are certified members of the BC Society of Landscape Designers. We hope this list will be helpful in choosing a professional that will help understand your true goals and create an unforgettable experience in your landscaped space.
Here is a link to a list of Landscape Architects located in the lower mainland of British Columbia. Enjoy.